Friday, September 01, 2006

What's in a Name?

So many bands out there are fighting to get noticed by fans. Yo La Tengo, out with a popular song, Pass the Hatchet, which in my opinion is drivin' or joggin' music, came up with a very unique way of getting their name out by simply coming up with a very unique name for their album;

I'm Not Afraid of You and I will Kick Your Ass

The music is great, but I have to say that the album name is a little more catchy. The band started a website that invites people to say "I'm not afraid of you and I will kick your ass," and they post it on this site that features a wall of fans.

*********
Has anyone heard Pillar of Salt from the Thermals? Right on Portland, Oregon rockers! Thanks for keeping Oregon on the indie map.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Thermals are great. I love the new album. They played in Bend a while ago, but I missed the show. Argh.

September 01, 2006  
Blogger Salmonberry Bend, Oregon said...

Monkey! Eureka you just gave me an idea! I'll fill you in later.

September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home