Monday, September 18, 2006

Roller Derby: It's a contact sport

I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of my wife, known by Roller Derby fans as Betsy Bones. Saturday the Renegade Rollergirls made a huge splash, selling out their event and putting on a great show. It was so fun to see the look on people's faces when fights broke out. I felt as if I was at a hockey game and a crash up derby and speed way.

Folks this stuff is entertainment. I highly recommend that you attend one or all of the monthly exhibitions in the future.

Am I worried about my Shannon getting hurt? What if she gets injured? Well... yes I am a little worried about her hurting her self or someone causing her to get hurt. But in my opinion that's the risk you take in all sports. If she was a snowboarder, even if she was a marathon runner, I'd feel the same way. That's where the sport comes into it, knowing your skills, limitations and ability is key to athleticism and avoiding injury. She walked away with a bruise on her leg... a nasty one at that.

Anybody else go?

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been to one yet.. but planning on going to the one on the 30th. I actually just discovered the sport. I am totally in awe and truly saddened that I didn't know about it when they had try-outs. What I wouldn't give to be on the team.

September 21, 2006  
Blogger Shannon said...

You can still join!!!

September 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home